Friday, August 2, 2013

And so it begins...

     I decided to start this blog for a variety of reasons. As an avid blog reader, I have been toying with the idea of starting my own blog for awhile now. As an opera fan, I am constantly on the lookout for an opera blog that focuses on the real lives of opera singers--including all the trials and triumphs that this career path entails--but I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for online.
     Don't get me wrong. I love blogs like Barihunks and What Should We Call Opera. They are clever and modern blogs that share opera with the world, but I wanted to find a blog that connects with a singer on a more individual level. This blog is mainly personal for the moment, but hopefully with more time and practice, I can start to create that dream blog I have in my mind.
     I am an opera nerd, and as my friends and family will tell you, I talk about opera ALL THE TIME. So naturally, when I see an amazing performance or discover an awesome aria, I will want to share it with the world. Hopefully, some of my enthusiasm will be contagious, and perhaps at least one person will discover something new and unexpected about an art form I love. 
     The biggest impetus for creating this blog right now is the BIG MOVE. I am on the cusp of a major life change--mainly moving to New York to pursue an opera career--and I thought a blog would be a fun way to share my journey with my friends and family. It's all very exciting and daunting at this point, and as I venture out into a new region and a new life post-academia, I want to share my struggles and successes with you.
     I will do my best to keep you posted regularly as my journey begins. I am headed off to Chicago for the majority of August where I will be singing with Chicago Summer Opera (more on that later), and then it's off to New York in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment