Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Honey Valentine

     Now that I am no longer working as a bartender, I rarely mix drinks anymore. I miss creating cocktails sometimes, and so as Valentine's Day approached, I thought it would be the perfect occasion to put my bartending skills to use.

     The main inspiration for this cocktail creation was Andy's new found favorite liquor, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey. I introduced him to it not long ago, and it has swiftly become his go to booze of choice. Naturally, I thought the sweet liqueur would be the perfect base for a Valentine's Day drink, so I started brainstorming.

     The cocktail was success, and I think it would be a tasty beverage for any season. I've shared the recipe below in case any of you would like to try it for yourself.


My Honey Valentine: 

  1. Pour 2 oz Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey (or any honey whiskey liqueur that you prefer, Jim Beam and Wild Turkey both make their own version).
  2.  Add Tazo Passion Iced Tea. (It is a floral and fruity tea but not too sweet. It balances the honey nicely.)
  3. Add ginger ale. (Adds a little fizz, and the ginger compliments the honey flavor well.)
  4. Pour into sugar rimmed glass and garnish with lemon and strawberry. (Lime would also be a nice addition, and for a valentine flair, cut the strawberry into a heart shape.)
     It is a delicious drink inspired by a special guy. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well, and if I get a chance, I will try to share more cocktail creations with you in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment