Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day Cocktail: Loko 4 U Jell-O Jigglers

     I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. Andy and I spent ours shopping for furniture at Ikea and being productive. Not the most romantic of experiences, but as long as I get to spend the day with the guy I love, I'm happy.

     I decided to make a tradition of creating a Valentine's Day cocktail for Andy each year, but I wanted to mix it up a little bit this year. Andy loves Four Loko (I'm not a fan. Too sweet!), so I thought it would be fun to use his drink of choice in a fun way. I immediately thought that it would work well in a Jell-O shot, but I really wanted the drink to convey Valentine's Day. Then it hit me: would it be possible to make Jell-O shots in the shape of a heart? The answer: Yes.


I always loved the fun shaped Jell-O Jigglers as a kid, so why not make an equally enjoyable adult version?
 
 Loko 4 U Jell-O Jigglers

2 boxes of cherry Jell-O (I couldn't find actual Jell-O at our local grocery store, so I used D'Gari brand gelatin instead. Either should work marvelously.)

2 cups fruit punch Four Loko (This is almost a full can, so you could probably get away with using the entire can.)

1. Cook the Jell-O according to the instructions on the box. Let cool to luke warm temperature.

2. Add the Four Loko and stir until thoroughly mixed. (Try to get all the carbonation fizzed out during this. Less bubbles equals a more solid jiggler.)

3. Pour into pans. Jello should be about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch deep.

4. Place pans in fridge and let solidify overnight.

5. The next day use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the jigglers. (The cookie cutters I used were a little too big for a stable jiggler. I would suggest  a 2 inch cutter or smaller.) This recipe yielded a lot of jigglers, probably around 12-16 total.

6. Place on a platter and present them to your loved one(s). Enjoy responsibly!

     I hope you all enjoy the recipe. You could certainly alter this for other holidays. Just choose an appropriate pairing of Jello and Four Loko flavors and find the right shaped cookie cutter!


No comments:

Post a Comment