Monday, November 25, 2013

In Conversation with Susan Graham



     I'll keep this post brief because the video speaks for itself. Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure of attending an event hosted by Opera America at The National Opera Center. I hadn't been to their fancy headquarters since I moved out here, and I was thoroughly impressed. There are still many aspects of the center that I have yet to explore, but I definitely plan on numerous future visits.

    The event itself was part of a series entitled "Conversations," and I am looking forward to the next installment on March 20th which will feature tenor Lawrence Brownlee. Check it out!

     It is always so inspiring to learn more about the development of beloved operatic artists, and Susan Graham was such a joyful and sincere person. She clearly has a great passion for music as well as support for young singers. It's encouraging to hear that opera stars like her were also 25, broke, and loving life in NYC. Hopefully I absorbed some of her determination and charm. I highly encourage all of you to watch the video below and soak up some knowledge as well as inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment